RICcreator is an editor for the LEGO Mindstorms RIC graphic format. The RIC format defines a list of drawing operations that the NXT should perform and the RIC file can allow parameters to control its operations at runtime which makes it possible to use RIC files for many applications
RICcreator attemps to open up for these possibilities for Linux, Mac and Windows users while supporting the new features John Hansen added to his Enhanced Firmware.
Displays and edits all 11 opcodes, including ellipse and polygon. Provides both a simple and advanced interface for editing.
Supports importing of images and provides several methods to convert them to black/white, including an aid to emulate them as grayscale on the NXT.
The VarMap and polygon editor still needs improvement, but they should be usable.
- Cross-platform (Mac, Linux and Windows)
- Open-Source (GPLv3)
- Must make it easy to implement the format in other applications
- Every part of the format must be editiable
- Must support John Hansens extensions to the format
- Aid creation of RIC fonts